The ReStore relies on volunteers for successful store operation, from helping pick-up donations to pricing and displaying of merchandise. Volunteers are an integral part of our organization.
When people think of volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, many think of working out on a construction site and being involved with the actual building of a house. It is important to know that you do not need a hammer to help Habitat! The ReStore relies on volunteers to operate the store and make building the houses possible. It is only the time and effort of volunteers like you that Habitat can continue to fulfill its mission.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday shifts- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Saturday shifts- 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- Manage customer transactions
- Handle cash, checks and credit cards
- Help customers with their questions
- Receive, clean, price and display product donations
- Help customers load purchases into their vehicles
- Store maintenance
- Have fun
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to accurately handle transactions and count money
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to measure objects
- Flexibility in work assignments
- Willingness to ask questions
Knowledge of construction or industrial trades is not required!